Financial Planner Careers
at West Advisory Group
Join Our Team
West Advisory Group is seeking a highly energized and confident individual who will thrive in a busy environment to serve as a Junior Financial Planner or Paraplanner for our Erie, PA Office.
Candidate must be extremely professional in appearance and manner, willing to accept direction, quick to learn new things, and computer savvy. Superior phone and computer skills required.
If you want to join a dynamic, fast-paced financial planning firm in Erie, PA that offers opportunity for professional growth, please contact us today! We have the tools, resources and freedom to help you build a great future while sharing your expertise!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist other team members with collecting financial data from potential and existing clients.
- Prepare financial plans for potential clients
- Update financial plans to support strategic planning meetings with clients
- Participate in prospect meetings to learn and observe the process
- Participate in recommendation meeting and reviews with clients
- Monitors client accounts and work with senior planners placing trades when needed
- Participate in educational courses conducted for both clients and prospects
- Additional duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Internet Explorer, database software, contact management systems, financial planning systems.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Time management skills
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Math aptitude
- Advanced reasoning ability
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see color.
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick/Personal Days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.